Thursday, October 8, 2009

Should You Watch: Eastwick

I never saw "The Witches of Eastwick," never read the novel, never attended the play (was there a play? Well, I was on a roll there, and it seemed right). But I did see the first episode of ABC's new Wednesday night light drama "Eastwick."

So while I'm sure for some the "Witches of Eastwick" nostalgia is strong with this show, it reminds me more of a little number called "Charmed." 3 women with supernatural abilities, an evolving mythology, a light tone...seems like that's the deal here.

But let me tell you, "Eastwick." I knew "Charmed." I frequently flipped to
Charmed" to see what ridiculous sexy outfit Alyssa Milano was wearing in a given episode. And, 'Eastwick," you are no "Charmed."

You should watch "Eastwick" if...

*You loved Charmed, but you just wish it had been a little blonder.

*You think every troubled woman just needs a little (possibly) satanic intervention to unlock her full potential.

*Suburbia just isn't entertaining enough anymore without magical powers.

*You like "Witches of Eastwick" enough to see a TV version of it...but not enough to be offended if it's nowhere near as good.

*You see the new TV season as nothing more than a vehicle to get you ready for the real event of the fall: Halloween!

No comments: