Monday, January 10, 2011

Coming soon...and making me laugh

*Those endless NBC promos for "Harry's Law"
--I laughed when my buddy told me David E. Kelley was behind this apparently "quirky" legal show. "It figures!" I thought. But I also laughed in self-deprecating acknowledgment of my own lack of awareness. How could this NOT have been from David E. Kelley? I don't think that NBC is exactly trumpeting that fact, though. You know, a simple "from David E. Kelley" would suffice, or maybe just a still photo of Fyvush Finkel, I don't know.

*"The Dilemma"
--Speaking of "What do you have to hide?" it cracks me up that I saw about 10 ads for "The Dilemma," the new Vince Vaughn-Kevin James schlubfest, before realizing it was a Ron Howard Joint. Come on, Ron, don't be shy, put your name on this thing! Or is it that Universal fears the zany madcapitude of "The Dilemma" will be diminished if viewers are conscious of the involvement of an auteur like Ron Howard?

*"The Chicago Code" on Fox
--Every time I hear Jennifer Beals talk about the "MAHB," I just laugh. I really do.

No comments: