Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My wife reads "People" so you don't have to: Olivia Wilde in "Tron"

It's been a while since a copy of my wife's "People" magazine fell off the counter and opened itself up to a page directly in front of me (you do realize, of course, that's the only way I ever read it), but a bit in the cover-dated January 11 issue struck me.

In the Movies section, "3 Questions for...Tron's Olivia Wilde" leads with, "Did you have a say in your sleek Tron look?"

And Ms. Wilde replies, "I was researching Joan of Arc and wanted an androgynous warrior look, not long hair and huge boobs."

Uh...did she think about asking the rest of us what we wanted?

Joan of Arc=great historical figure, terrible box office draw. You don't see teenage males rushing to Spencer's for posters of Joan of Arc and her androgynous warrior look.

No comments: