Monday, May 23, 2011

I sure showed THEM

So I believe it was at the beginning of the second season of "Chuck" or thereabouts when I saw the weak ratings for the show and bailed on it. Why invest an hour a week in a series that wasn't gonna make it till the end of the year? My wife kept up with most episodes, but I haven't seen a full episode since.

Well, here we are in 2011, NBC just announced its fall schedule, and look what show is returning for its fifth season: "Chuck."

Yep, I really showed NBC a lesson by refusing to watch the show they were gonna cancel. And it's a good thing I didn't wrapped up in it and sit through all those dozens of episodes only to have the rug yanked out from under me a mere 4 years later!

In fairness to myself, the ratings for the show remained weak and still are; only NBC's general ineptitude has kept "Chuck" from a proverbial dirt nap. Also, from what I understand, the show has made enough changes and emphasized enough things I'd rather it wouldn't, that I'm really not broken up about "missing out" on the last few seasons of what I considered an entertaining series but never appointment television.

Still, I do feel kind of foolish.

No comments: