Friday, May 6, 2011

This Week in DVD

The Dilemma: Back when I wrote about this movie in January, I was puzzled as to what the actual "dilemma" was. I mean, you see your buddy's woman cheating on him, you tell him, right? Unless of course, she's cheating with you. In that case, you're a real dog, man, and I don't want to share any witty commentary on DVDs with you. Well, that and I said pretty much everything I had to say about "The Dilemma" in that original post.

The Green Hornet: Uh-oh. Seems I wrote about "Hornet," too, in that same post. I'm getting to the point where the stuff I write about in the "In theaters this weekend" posts is showing up in the "This week in DVD posts." I'm either gonna have to scrap one of those concepts, work a lot harder to come up with new thoughts, or actually SEE these movies.

Hmm. Good-bye, one of these concepts!

Pre-Code Classics Double Feature: TCM Presents two early-1930s films, "This Is the Night" being one of them, notable for being the first picture of one Mr. Cary Grant. PSST! Sure, go buy the DVD and all, but TCM is running "Night" Sunday, May 15. See? I do offer some useful info around here.

According to Jim Season 3: The much-beleaguered sitcom that wouldn't die on ABC won't die on DVD, either. There must be a collective head-explosion happening going on at "Entertainment Weekly" offices this week.

The Virginian Season 4 and Wagon Train Season 3: PSST! Sure, go buy the DVDs and all, but Encore Westerns is running these oaters--what, everybody already knew? Oh, OK, in that case...Have I ever mentioned how much I like to use the term "Oater"? What can I say? Slow DVD week plus busy "me" week=what you're reading.

No comments: