Friday, May 20, 2011

This Week in DVD

The Rite: A thriller that explores the procedures of performing an exorcism. It's kind of like, you know, that elaborate ritual Anthony Hopkins undergoes when he takes a movie these days--the ritual known as "counting money."

The Mechanic: They went and remade yet another movie, this time with Jason Statham redoing the 1970s Charles Bronson action pic. I'm gonna write an angry post about this desecration...just as soon as I get around to seeing the 1970s Charles Bronson action pic.

The Roommate: Good news is, your new roommate is a dangerous psycho. Bad news is, she's Minka Kelly. Uh...what's the problem here?

"Your roommate is a maniac."
"So?"
"I think she might be planning to kill you."
"So?"
"No, seriously, she's bad--"
"Dude, it's MINKA KELLY."

Wait a minute. I just looked it up and discovered Minka is actually the normal one and Leighton Meester is the screwball. Uh, yeah, in that case, exit stage right, please.

Thor: Tales of Asgard: Another effort to tie into the motion picture currently in release, but unlike last week's live-action knockoff, this is a legit animated Marvel effort. I'm surprised we haven't seen someone put together "The Thora Birch Collection" for this month.

Avril Lavigne: The Whole Picture: Not to be harsh, but...how much of a picture can there be? That said, I like that recent video of hers which starts with her in her underwear for no real reason.

The Bionic Woman Season 2: I thought this show was gonna be a bigger deal than it has been, but maybe I'm in the minority. Got to tell you, though, I totally forgot this was even coming out on DVD. Speaking of forgetting, I saw a report on Tv Shows on DVD that Universal responded to customer complaints about subpar audio on an episode by pointing out the deterioration of the source material...or something like that. Did Universal "forget" to say something before a bunch of people bought the set?

No comments: