Friday, August 17, 2018

Streaming Video Power Rankings #124

We're coming at you a day early because I may be on the road scouting for new streaming video sites to write about. Enjoy your weekend!

1) Netflix: I should dock Netflix again now that my kids are watching Fuller House again, but I enjoyed The Flash and other stuff on here, so I have to try to overlook it even if I am already dreading the fourth season.

2) MLB TV: The only reason it's not higher this week is because the Pirates got swept in a mini-two-game series against the Twins. UGH! Or as Mad might say...RECCH!

3) Hulu: I have rediscovered the joy of Regular Show on Hulu. Funny, easy to take at night, and short enough to not have commercial breaks.

4) WWE: Did a classy thing by uploading a big Jim Neidhart collection after the former star died this week. Not so classy but still entertaining: Vince McMahon sampling Mexican food with Lord Alfred Hayes and Tito Santana on the TNT episode I watched.

5) YouTube: I am proud to have discovered The Real Music Observer's channel and his comprehensive coverage of Corporate Rock. Man, this guy is all over the Steve Perry comeback. Gotta admit you're not gonna see that on...uh, what are the music TV channels these days?

6) Filmstruck: I enjoyed Carefree with Astaire and Rogers this week and some old-school Bette Davis.

7) Roku Channel: Good Times season 5 is on here now, and I am checking it out, but, man, it's kind of depressing seeing Wilona get top billing because even Florida isn't around.

8) Prime Video: Got some buzz for The Romanoffs trailer, but it seems like all I am talking about on Prime lately = trailers. Isn't it time for an actual hit series?

9) PIX11: It's sad to reflect on the passing of anyone, let alone a legend, but at least these death milestones give PIX11 an opportunity to post some interesting retro footage, like this week's original coverage (15 minutes' worth) of Mickey Mantle.

10) CBS All Access: I think this is a terrible value so far, but I give the devil its due: An announced 2.5 million subscribers (I am skeptical that's all paid current members, though) and a lot of excitement about luring Patrick Stewart back to the Star Trek franchise. Maybe CBS knows what it's doing.

NAHHHHHHH!


1 comment:

saredust said...

Hello, start earning money by paid surveys.

http://www.clixsense.com/?8172285