Sunday, January 6, 2008

Should You Watch: Cashmere Mafia

Let's make this one easy: No. No, you should not watch "Cashmere Mafia."

Oh, I was planning to log on here and make a series of snide comments about why people would watch this new ABC show. Of course I would refer to the fact that we don't need a "Sex and the City" revival. I naturally would point out NBC has its own "Sex and the City" ripoff, "Lipstick Jungle," coming in several weeks and that this is surely overkill.

But why bother? I didn't plan to watch the pilot, but it was on after "Desperate Housewives." About 5 minutes into the show, I was checking out a magazine.

But I'm not the target audience for this show, as I'm a straight guy who can't make it through a half-hour of "Sex and the City," let alone an hour of a wanna-be.

HOWEVER, my wife is a woman and has enjoyed the exploits of "Carrie and Co." in the past. So when she declared a mere 7 minutes into the show, "This is stupid," I took note. I decided right there not to bother making a sarcastic list of reasons to watch "Cashmere Mafia." It's stupid. Don't bother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I declared about the same amount of time as your wife. what a waste of energy, talent and money. ughhh...NEED GOOD TV NOW!

Rick Brooks said...

After reading about some of what's coming up the rest of this season, my advice would be that if you need good TV...invest in some DVDs.

Anonymous said...

Watch Cashmere Mafia is Good Show.I love To Watch The Cashmere Mafia.I Always Watched This Show From Online Resources.You Can Also Watch cashmere Mafia Online Without Paying Anything.