Saturday, October 4, 2008

On the Radio: Girls, Girls, Girls

You can make a case for Motley Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls" being the dumbest song of all time, and, yes, I realize there's a lot of musical stupidity out there as competition. I've heard this song several times in the past few months, and I'm ashamed to say that while I was a captive audience once, at least twice I had an opportunity to turn it off...and didn't.

I'm having troubles finding intelligent things to say about such a dumb song, but why should anyone try to analyze a Motley Crue tune? Really, I'll just break it down like this:

*The theme of the song is dumb.
*The lyrics, replete with shout-outs to strip clubs and such, are dumb.
*The beat is dumb.
*The guitar riffs are dumb.
*The intro is dumb.
*The outro is dumb.
*The spoken-word interlude is especially dumb:

"Hey, Tommy, check that out, man?"
"Where, Vince?

*And while I'm at it, the album cover is dumb, the video is dumb, and I wouldn't be surprised if Elektra released the single with a bunch of dumb promotional material.

It's just a dumb, dumb song, yet I have trouble turning it off. What that makes me, I don't know.

No comments: