Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Things Only I Want to See #1

I want to see a music video, one made by some relatively youngish pop star, preferably male. I want to see him cover Christopher Cross' "Sailing" in some kind of live venue, maybe a small concert hall that looks good on TV. Playing the piano would be a plus, as he could sit down and tickle the ivories to accompany himself in a tasteful fashion.

Then, about several minutes into the performance, I want to see him stand up, walk out from behind the piano, and say to the crowd, "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Christopher Cross!"

And I want to see the audience go nuts as Cross strides out from behind a curtain, microphone in hand, and acknowledges the warm reception with a big hand before launching into a triumphant chorus of "Sailing."

Then the younger star would embrace him on stage before both would advance to the front of the stage and sing one transcendent chorus together.

"SAILING '09." I'm telling you, this would be GOLD. Do it, somebody. Make it happen.

No comments: