Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Boys are back in town!

Allow me to extend a hearty "WHOA-oh!" to my pal Ivan, who must have one heck of a great observation tower on the premises at Rancho Yesteryear because he spotted a Wheeler and Woolsey night on Turner Classic Movies all the way out in the middle of October. Thanks for the heads-up!

I pass the tip along not to make passing the subsequent months until then seem like an excruciating chore, but to give you all a chance to prepare. Me, I have a dilemma: Watch them all as they air? Or maybe wait till the holidays, when my father and I could watch them together and maybe--just maybe--maneuver the womenfolk into one of our patented forced Wheeler and Woolsey-thons?

Hey, wait. Why don't I do...both?

I know Dad will be excited about this. By the way, regarding my post title, longtime readers may know that my father and I decided a while back to refer to Bert and Bob as "The Boys." Come to think of it, first-time readers should know it, too, because I just told everybody.

No offense, Laurel and Hardy fan, but your guys are known well enough already. In fact, you can have "The Guys!" How about it? I envision a world in which L&H and W&W fans enjoy everyone's comedy, living in harmony, side by side on my keyboard, oh, lord, why don't we?

We know one thing for sure: October 14, we will all be watching Turner Classic Movies. Early speculation holds that the collective American audience will dwarf that which viewed coverage of the Michael Jackson funeral. Let's make it happen!

1 comment:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Don't forget, Mr. Shark--TCM will be running Hips, Hips, Hooray (1934) this July 29th at 8pm