Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Brave and the Bold..and the Produce

So as the family headed out to do some grocery shopping yesterday, I donned my red Flash t-shirt because 1) I felt like kickin' it casual-style, and 2) my daughter isn't old enough yet to be embarrassed by my fashion choices.

At the store, I was pushing my cart down one of the many too-narrow aisles on this busy Saturday afternoon when I nearly collided with a fellow customer. Only, he wasn't a mere fellow customer. This guy was wearing a Captain America t-shirt!

He gave me an affable nod and said, "Hey, I like your t-shirt," to which I replied, "Yeah, you, too!" I wanted to say, "You know, maybe we ought to join forces sometime," but I kept pushing my cart.

The thought did cross my mind, and probably his as well, that our being together in the same place at the same time could well be the result of some stunning change in the space-time-rival comic book companies continuum, possibly related to a collaboration by our nemeses Gorilla Grodd and the Red Skull. But I chose to accentuate the positive: With the two of us on the scene, that supermarket must have been the single safest place for miles around.

No comments: