Thursday, August 13, 2009

This Week in DVD

I Love You, Man: You know this trend of adapting TV to movies is out of hand when they make a feature presentation based on a Bud Light campaign. Next up, straight from the popular "Ocean's" movies, Eddie Jemison IS Dr. Galazkiewiecz in "Yes, I am!"

17 Again: Obviously this is the long-awaited prequel to the delightful George Burns "18 Again," but I gotta say, Mr. Zac Efron, you are no Charlie Schlatter, sir.

Super Friends: The Lost Episodes: These 1980s installments of the long-running cartoon series were feared lost forever, but fortunately Aquaman stored the kineoscopes in an underwater vault.

Road Trip: Beer Pong: I went to Netflix to try to discover how the hell "Road Trip" has become a franchise, and I saw this user review:

This movies going to rock because my hot wife is naked in it.Shes the beer pong girl with the biggest breasts.Enjoy!

Need I say more?

Alien Trespass: Billed as a tribute to the sci-fi invasion flicks of the fifties. Not to speak on behalf of everyone, but I'd wager most people would like you to pay tribute to those movies by actually releasing all of those ones on DVD.

Michael Jackson: Moonwalking: The True Story of Michael Jackson: Just a hunch here, but I'll bet we see an awful lot of this kind of thing before the year is through. What cracks me up about this one is the number of times they cram "Michael Jackson" into the DVD title, like otherwise people wouldn't get that "Moonwalking: The True Story of Michael Jackson" is about Michael Jackson.

Philadelphia Eagles 10 Greatest Games: Your misnomer title of the week.

No comments: