Saturday, August 29, 2009

Panel Discussion: World's Finest #73

I don't know if I can say enough how much I love "World's Finest," but regular readers are sure gonna find out as I make my way through the first Showcase Presents collection of the classic Superman/Batman team-up book. I like the panel above because as a longtime newspaper reader, I feel a warm nostalgia. Remember the days when the industry was so healthy that "The Daily Planet" could afford to send two of its top reporters to another city to dig for stories at a carnival?

Later, Robin is captured by thugs who contact Batman and tell him he can save the Boy Wonder if he brings a scimitar they want. Batman meekly says he'll have to trust them and asks for the address. So, armed with the scimitar, the location of their hideout, and of course all his resounding Batness, what is the Caped Crusader's plan to save his old chum?

That's right--he KNOCKS ON THE DOOR!

"Um, hello? Criminal gang? It's me, Batman! Come on, guys, it's cold out here!"

I hope Chris Nolan introduces Robin in his next Batman film so that Christian Bale can recreate this scene.

No comments: